- Off-Campus Dr. Sarah Hunt at SFU’s Sociology & Anthropology Spring 2018 Colloquium Seminars January 16th, 2018 | 1:15 PM
- Info Dechinta Community and Land-Based Research Seminar Information Session January 18th, 2018 | 12:30 PM
- Film Screening Tasha Hubbard Film Screening: Birth Of A Family January 24th, 2018 | 7:00 PM
- Presentation Tasha Hubbard UBC Visit January 25th, 2018 | 11:00 AM
FNIS ProfilesVIEW MORE
FNIS Stories and News
FNIS in partnership with Dechinta: Bush University Centre for Research and learning, is offering a place-based seminar through Go Global in 2017 Summer.
Dr. Sheryl Lightfoot's book examines Indigenous peoples’ rights and movements in international politics.
We are excited to announce that there will be a new course offering in 2017 Winter. Stay tuned!
The Institute for Critical Indigenous Studies, Faculty of Arts, UBC is seeking an experienced applicant to fill the role of Director.
A biweekly newsletter curated by First Nations and Indigenous Studies (FNIS) and Aboriginal Student Affairs (ASA). It contains FNIS and ASA news and events, important academic deadlines, student award and scholarship information, job opportunities, as well as other relevant news with Indigenous content.
Aboriginal Student Affairs (ASA)
Located in the Faculty of Arts, ASA supports the success of new and continuing First Nations, Métis, and Inuit students by providing academic and cultural support to meet students' educational and personal goals at UBC.
An information resource on key topics relating to histories, politics, and cultures of the Aboriginal peoples of Canada.
A weekly radio program produced by CiTR's Indigenous Collective that is committed to centering the voices of Native people and offering alternative narratives that empower Native people and their stories.
- New Courses Added to the ACL
- Dechinta Community and Land-Based Research Semester
- Simon Goldenberg (2012)
- Indigenous Communities and Family Violence: Changing the Conversation Co-Authored by Dr. Sarah Hunt
- Job Posting – Director, Institute for Critical Indigenous Studies, Faculty of Arts, UBC